Thursday, July 5, 2007

Breakfast with Ballerinas

The Summer Writers Institute is one of several summer programs happening at Skidmore. This morning I ate breakfast (a surprisingly good bowl of oatmeal) surrounded by ballerinas--each in footless tights, at least one article of pink clothing, and their hair pulled into a perfect bun (even the ones who looked eight years old. Are hair buns as elementary as first position? Mine are always lopsided).

Yesterday I passed several suspiciously masculine-looking girls on my way to the cafeteria. Once there I saw a dozen young boys in drag. These are the same kids who I've also seen spooled in masking tape. There must be a theatre program on campus.

And lots of other artsy-types in general. Because on my way across campus, I spotted the world's longest daisy chain.

No comments: