Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Art of Conversation

I have an oral Spanish exam on Thursday. It's kind of stressing me out. With written exams, you can fuss over answers, contemplate, scratch out, and rewrite. With speech, you choose your words on the fly, and let them fly. There are several parts of my life that I'm afraid to make a mistake in, and communication is a big one.

I suppose this is why I love writing. It doesn't matter if your first draft is crappy, as long as you can bring it around to something better. Editing is the great equalizer; it gives every communicator the chance to improve. You can take written words back.

Five painful minutes of conversation. I can do it. I can do it.

4 comments:

Mom said...

And you will! Can we have a capsule summary of what you talk about?

B.O. said...

You can do it! Your can do it!

B.O. said...

Apparently I needed the great equalizer of editing on my last comment. HA!

Michelle Panik said...

:( I don't think I did so well. I definitely need to take 103 in the fall.