Friday, October 9, 2009

For Sale: '99 Chrysler Sebring--low miles!

(The guts.)


(The very small working area.)


(The finished product.)

Day Two of Larry and Michelle's Extravaganza of Fun.

The Green Dragon's exterior driver-side door handle has finally been replaced, nearly a year after it broke off. I'm embarrassed it took so long. It makes you think about what people can put up with, adjust to, and/or make peace with. For me, it was climbing over the passenger seat, despite laughter from others.

We consulted these instructions. But only at the start. Four steps in, when my dad was completing the steps quicker than I could read, we decided to blaze our own handle-installation trail, and do it ourselves. And by "ourselves," I of course mean my dad. I think his thirty-one years as a dentist--in which he'd worked on third molars and in other inscrutably tiny spaces--were practice for snapping that white clip back onto the rod.

The whole process took an hour and a half. Which isn't bad considering the instruction's author took five hours his first time.

The car will be on Craig's List shortly. Any takers?

2 comments:

Renee Thompson said...

Craigslist! The best! I sold my '98 Honda in four hours -- received first call on it 24 minutes after posting. Guy paid cash, and off he zipped. May your experience be as delightful.

Michelle Panik said...

I hope my experience is as easy as yours!