Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Food Week: Dog Donuts

With tomorrow's impending gluttony, I just couldn't eat something good enough to post about (despite a lead on a Peruvian restaurant). Thankfully, Louie--the cockapoo with a bottomless stomach--agreed to take one for Stray Carrier Pigeon, and let me cook for him.

While the canine carrot biscotti was intriguing, I don't make anything for a dog that requires more than five ingredients. I hardly cook anything for myself that requires more than five ingredients. So Louie got garlic-spiced donuts. I've never had a garlic-spiced human donut before, but they do exist.

Onto the preparations:
(Cutting out the donuts with a measuring cup and pill bottle top.)


(Louie waiting patiently.)


(Cooked and cooling.)


(He's polite enough not to bite my finger.)


(Not bad. They could've used a little more garlic, but I'm declaring them good enough for a celebrity to eat.)

It's been two hours and Louie hasn't shown any signs of stomach distress, so I am calling these biscuits a success.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I never would have thought about eating garlic donuts, but I'll take your word they tasted good; I only wish your blog had smell-o-vision. We used today's garlic allotment in our turkey instead.