Thursday, March 19, 2009

Hooters' Hoops Hysteria

(CBS' bracket was too boring. I went with Hooters'.)

I haven't followed college basketball this year, but couldn't let a tournament go by without filling out a bracket. So I based several picks on how much I like a particular team's mascot. I will always root for Ohio State's nut, as long as they aren't matched up against a certain turtle. I would have picked Dartmouth and their nebulous Big Green if they'd gotten a bid. And Syracuse's Otto the Orangeman is so bizarre that I picked them to the regional.

I also filled out a women's bracket. Of course, women's basketball doesn't get nearly as much press. Mark likes to say that it's a different game when played below the rim. Which I agree with. But the lady Terps are seeded number 1, and I'll take any victory I can get.

No comments: