Sunday, June 28, 2009

Related

(Grandpa Joe and Louie.)

Today I saw all four of my cousins together, for the first time in I-don't-know-how-long. One of them I haven't seen in over ten years. That reunion only lasted two minutes, but I'll take what I can get.

We had gathered in Ventura County for the baptism of a cousin's newborn. After the pomp and circumstance, there was lunch outside, photos shared via iPhones, a chicken coop, a trio of dogs, LOTS of family, and plenty of good conversation.

It was also a chance for BO to talk with my oldest brother in their second time meeting (the first being our wedding).

It was a chance for me to talk with my God Daughter, whom I haven't seen in four years.

It was a chance for my grandpa to tell us about another auto company he almost worked for (I think I will always be finding out more about his career).

BO and I drove six hours round trip today. I would've driven to Florida in a Miata without air conditioning or a radio, and no carpool lane, to make this happen.

1 comment:

kathrynlaw said...

This is so great. Family is everything.