Thursday, June 26, 2008

HOA

I have been named to my community's homeowner's association board. There's been quite a bit of drama in the neighborhood lately, and I'm hoping to diffuse a little of it--or at least not stoke any flames. My father is on my parents' HOA board, so I'm hoping he'll be able to give me periodic advice....When I ask for it! :)

The first thing he told me, shortly after I'd put my name on the ballot, was to be prepared for everyone to hate me. Now that I've been elected, I'm hoping not everyone will hate me. A few differences of opinion are okay. Once they see my cute dog (and my plate of homemade cookies), I don't think they'll be able to continue harboring hate. I know as my father is reading this, he's thinking, "Oh, to be young and idealistic."

Overheard at Starbucks: Lots of noisy kids. Not every moment can be poignant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the smart one. Which parent do you take after?
:-)
Love,
DAD

Anonymous said...

See, I just read this blog entry again and voila (I think that is right) I saw something else and had to comment.

Sorry dear you will get my advice whether you ask for it or not. It is in the "parents handbook". The one MOM never read :-)
Love
DAD