Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Changes

The local Starbucks that Louie and I walk to each morning to write got some new patio furniture. Lots of comfy, laid-back, plush chairs on the patio. Which look very nice but aren't conducive to writing, either on a tablet or computer. So I'm thinking I may have to look for a new place. There's another nearby Starbucks (although not within walking distance), and a few dog-friendly cafes in Del Mar (which would also require the services of The Green Dragon). I think Louie and I will be making a local tour, seeing which place has good tables, good tea, some shade, and friendly people.

Overheard at Starbucks: Two guys studying to be sommeliers. I heard the same thing from two other kids several months ago here as well. Perhaps the repetition is telling me it is indeed time to move on to another spot.

No comments: