Sunday, December 7, 2008

Boise

So the college football conference playoffs are over and the bowl bids are in. This year, the Terps are heading to the...Roady's Humanitarian Bowl?

Don't get me wrong. I'm a fan of football. And certainly of all things humanitarian. When George Costanza created the human fund, I thought that's a great idea! before I realized what he was up to. Apparently, the bowl's title is a nod to the World Sports Humanitarian Hall of Fame. Which seems like a fine organization. But has anyone ever heard of this bowl game before? I plead ignorance.

(Enough links in this post for you? My blog entries are nothing if not informational. In which case they're nothing.)

I'd also like to congratulate this kid. Who, after interviewing for a Rhodes Scholarship two weeks ago, flew into the Florida-Maryland football game late and beat the pants off us. Good luck in Britain.

No comments: