Saturday, February 20, 2010

Veggie Month: Carrots

Since my backyard carrots won't be mature by month's end:

I purchased a bag at the grocery store.

And because carrots are a common vegetable, I didn't want to simply steam them, or dip them in ranch dressing.

So I shredded one cup, and added it to Duncan Hines dark chocolate fudge brownie mix.

The result is something like chocolate-carrot cake. Perhaps the extra moisture from the carrots made them less fudgey than usual. And I know what's usual for this brownie mix; it's my party dessert staple.

(These would be even better with chocolate chips.
And, while I'm at it, topped with ice cream, whipped cream, nuts, and a cherry.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the way to eat vegetables. Make up a new batch. I'll be there shortly :-)
DAD

Michelle Panik said...

You got it.