Saturday, August 8, 2009

#4: Serra Mesa-Kearny Mesa Branch

Visiting Time: 12:15-2:00PM
Did I get lost on my way? Nope

Book Selection: 3 bookmarks
Seating: 4 bookmarks
Staff: 4 bookmarks
Architecture/Atmosphere: 4 bookmarks
Total: 15 bookmarks

Holy cow, this has been my best experience yet. Here, I met a librarian named Adolfo. Who, when I told him about my 36/36 plan, gave me a tour!

SM-KM has a really large children's area and, in a few months, will also have an outdoor play area. There's currently a reading patio. How come none of the Orange County libraries I frequented in my youth had outdoor reading areas?

I have decided that libraries have a disproportionate amount of people who talk to themselves. And this despite the plethora of "Quiet" signs.

Tell Me a Story is Don Hewitt's memoir of his life and his time with 60 Minutes. Tonight, Bryan is going to hear a chapter from it, probably the one about reporting on big tobacco.

SM-KM opened in 2006, and is decorated in pine woods and dark blue. Nice and relaxing. I read two chapters from the Hewitt book in a great arm chair in a room with a high, vaulted ceiling.

Pictures:
I dropped my camera upon exiting the library, and it seems to be busted. I'll try to get the photos off it, and post them.

No comments: